Thursday, June 25, 2009

Recent Happenings: Summer 2009

Last week I had the opportunity to attend a round-table discussion at the office of Jennings Ackerley Architecture, located right near the beautiful AT&T Park in San Francisco. I would like to extend a huge thanks to Mr. Ackerley and his staff for providing this opportunity to myself and others during these hard times.

During this lunch time meeting (thanks again for the fantastic lunch Charles!), around 20+ of us gathered in the main conference room to discuss the current economy and how everyone was doing. The group ranged from licensed architects; like Mr. Ackerley, recent graduates, an interior designer (I didn't forget you Rashad), others soon going for architectural license, and even some other students/unemployed workers like myself.

This was not a mass interview. But instead a chance for others to gather together to discuss possible design competitions, state bid proposals, and other ways to possibly build ones resume. I thought this was a wonderful opportunity and look forward to returning to office in the upcoming weeks. I look forward to the possible design competitions I hope to be involved with, but more importantly I see this is a great option to further my knowledge in the field of architecture and continue towards pursuing my degree in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment